(helping readers by finding multipliers)
Multiplying Our Impact to Make MORE Noyes
The Foundation has always benefitted from committed individuals, organizations and businesses who care about Noyes, care about early literacy, and care about community. Out of this vital volunteer and sponsor base comes our Community Partners, who enable us to multiply the impact of our events, communications and outreach efforts.
We have local companies call us to raise money through events like The Kensington Car Show, or merchandise sales. We have a young student raising over $2000 selling homemade chocolate owls. We had a Girl Scout troop create a new Penny Theater show, then use its cookie money to commission a beautiful carved owl for the Library garden.
We are working with the Montgomery County (M-NCPPC) Parks department as part of a committee to create a unique "Reading Garden" at the Warner Circle Park across the street from the Library. We benefit from the Town of Kensington's in-kind donations of event space AND significant contributions to the Make MORE Noyes Campaign. The sky is the limit when it comes to creative collaboration! Our thanks to the following groups for their energy and support.
Our Community Partners
Montgomery County Government
Through the model public-private partnership originally formed in 1991, the Foundation works closely with the Montgomery County, MD government in order to best serve the need of Noyes Children's Library, a branch of Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL). Under the leadership and enthusiastic support of the County Executive and County Council, all County agencies are in close collaboration with the Foundation and MCPL as we work to design and fund the Make MORE Noyes Renovation. This includes the MCPL Accessibility Advisory Committee, the Noyes Library Advisory Committee (LAC), and the Friends of the Library Montgomery County (FOLMC).
The Foundation's Community Partners:
• Initiate special events to benefit the Foundation and spread the word about the Make MORE Noyes Campaign
• Sponsor and volunteer for the Foundation's family events
• Share Foundation news and event announcements through their communication network
• Offer in-kind support as needed for events and ongoing administration, enabling us to keep our overhead VERY low
• Connect the Foundation with the wider community of potential volunteers, donors, outreach outlets and more
• Collaborate with our early literacy outreach - both groups who have time and talent to give, and groups that need help guiding children and their parents toward a lifetime love of books and reading
For more information about how your group can get involved with the Foundation's events, early literacy outreach, or Make MORE Noyes Campaign, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.